Development of a sustainable upskilling and reskilling strategy in the textile, clothing, leather and footwear industry
The project “Skills4Smart TCLF Industries 2030” constitutes the first step into a new dynamic sustainable community of diverse private/public actors committed to support skills development and employment opportunities across EU in the Textile, Clothing, Leather, Footwear and Leather Goods sector, which are indispensable to innovate and produce high-added value products.
The project aims to enhance the modernisation and competitiveness of the EU Textile, Clothing, Leather, and Footwear (TCLF) sectors through the development of a sustainable upskilling and reskilling strategy, which is supported by a communication campaign to attract social, economic and political actors.
- To identify concrete actions and tools in order to anticipate and match skills’ supply with demand.
- To improve skills intelligence and information mechanisms by creating networks and partnerships.
- To increase the attractiveness of the sector to engage newcomers, families, companies, and policy makers at regional, national and EU levelS.
- To create a network of VET providers, public authorities, and other stakeholders working together on skills development for the modernisation and growth of these sectors.
- To involve regions and private stakeholders in the promotion of the skills and innovation in TCLF sectors, in order to ensure the sustainability of the project outcomes.
- Identification of a sectoral training and VET providers’ map registering.
- Preparation of four yearly reports integrating the conclusions of the focus groups and interviews involving companies and VET providers.
- Identification of 8 new sectoral job profiles – and corresponding curricula (EQF and ECVET based) in line with the sector changing needs in the short and longer term.
- Description of existing MOOCs/VOOCs dedicated or useful to the sector.
- Design of 8 new courses including MOOCs/VOOCs or, serious games or similar tools.
- Pilot implementation of the developed courses.
- Creation of a databank storing all relevant research, pilot projects and best practices carried out in the sector to reach the objectives set by the project.
- Development of a Promotional Plan for the TCLF sector.
- Creation of a Network of VET providers in EU, and signature of a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Creation of a Network of EU Regions committed to invest on upskilling to enhance innovation for a future "Smart Specialisation Platform on Industrial Modernisation of TCLF".
Visita la Web de SKILLS4SMART