Nanotechnology will help change the way we see footwear today: shoes will no longer be passive objects and will turn into active elements for user’s wellbeing
INESCOP is working on the synthesis and functionalisation of nanoparticles for their incorporation into different matrices and substrates to obtain materials with advanced properties. Research is being conducted in the framework of regional, national and European projects in collaboration with companies aiming to develop and placing on the market novel, high added-value products.
MAIN RESEARCH LINES
- Synthesis of nanomaterials: nanocapsules, nanoparticles, nanocompounds, etc. with different morphology and properties.
- Functionalisation of nanoparticles to be incorporated into different substrates for different applications: antimicrobial, antioxidant and self-cleaning properties; thermal comfort; decontamination; hydrophobing and super-hydrophobing; thermal conductivity.
- Optimisation of coating formulations by incorporating functionalised nanoparticles with organic or inorganic additives to achieve tailored properties.
- Functionalised materials with nanoparticles obtained from industrial waste and by-products.
- Physical and chemical modification of carbon nanocompounds (carbon nanofibres and nanotubes).
- Incorporation of carbon nanocompounds into polymeric matrices to confer special properties (electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, flame resistance, etc.).
- Up-scaling nanoparticle synthesis processes from laboratory to pilot scale. Optimisation of synthesis processes for maximum energy efficiency and smooth industrial-level implementation.